Friday, June 06, 2008

The Wave

Another little something...

Her: "How are you getting to work today."

Me: Puzzled..."Driving the van."

Her: "Does it have gas in it?"

Me: "Yes."

((Oh crap, I know where this is going.))

Her: "Did you notice my gas tank was near empty when you brought the car home from the dealer?"

Me: "No."

Her: "When I got in it, the gas light went on."

Me: "Sorry, if I'd noticed I would have filled it up."

Her: "hmmmm."

Me: "Would you like me to go and fill it up now?"

((Understand that we are a bit rushed to get to work and normally she would just say that she would do it.))

Her: ~~~~waving~~~~~

Me: "Yes, dear I'll be right back."

Her: "And keep those boxers on." (See previous post, I've got boxers that say "wife worshipper.")

Wow, I love this woman.

3 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!! I was laughing when I read your post but only because it was such an awesome thing for the two of you.

Now don't forget to keep an eye on it in future, or maybe you will run it low on purpose :)

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Congratulations! I'd be thrilled if I could get my beloved to acknowledge the things I do, or even acknowledge that she expects me to do them.

Funny, I've just picked up the gas-in-the-car duty. I'm pretty sure she hasn't noticed.

Jamie

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny that you wrote...normally she would just say she would fill it... because my wife has gone from "no I'll get to that laundry in the morning it's too late" when I offered to do one more load at 9pm three weeks ago to last night's "make sure you do the heavy load and dry it so they are still damp and then hang them to dry" at 10pm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home