Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Its the little things that matter

90% fo the the time I serve my wife coffee in front of the TV after her shower. We get to spend some time together discussing kids, house renovation, etc. And because she goes to bed quite early each night it is a frequent time for us to "play."

For the past few mornings I've been serving my wife in boxers that read "Wife Worshipper" on them. I purchased them from Cafe Press as a happy medium between being naked or in sweats. She likes them and so do I.

As normal, this morning I served her coffee in those boxers. Around 6:30 I slipped on some shorts to go wake up our teenager. She looked at the gym shorts and said she didn't like them. I told her that I'd remove them once I woke him up (and implied once back in our room) and serve her breakfast in them only. She replied, "Good."

Now this may not seem like much but regular readers of this blog know of our struggles and her recently renewed interest in a wife led marriage. It's the little things that really keep me going. And for good measure, I sent her the following email:

"Thanks for saying that you didn't like my blue shorts and implying that I should only wear my new boxers while serving you. It's these subtle reminders of our wife-led marriage that are so very important."

Thanks for reading.

3 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog this morning and think it's great. Much of what I've already read mirrors my own progress. You have a new reader hooked on your blog and I'll definitely be back often. Thank you for your candor, your openness and honesty about how things are going.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Thanks for a terrific title to your post (and a terrific post). It really is the little things - the little acknowledgments that matter. I'm hoping my beloved realized how much more important those little things are than the big fantasies.

Jamie

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger whatevershesays said...

Thanks for your support and kind words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home