Friday, February 15, 2008

Subtle Fun

Sorry for not have posted in a while. All is well. Pretty much on cruise control. However, last weekend a friend of mine and I made dinner for our wives. On more than one occasion my wif easked me to server her a drink, mentioned that the boys should also clean up (we did) and at least twice slipped in the fact that she had issued an ultimatum regarding us getting married. There were a few other wife-led comments, very subtle but definately there.

Later I asked her if she thought they knew. She responded by saying that she was sure that the other couple were wife led also.

5 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger Susan's Pet said...

Sounds good, but I don't understand your statement, "... regarding us getting married..." Is this a reference to an earlier post?

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger whatevershesays said...

Susan's Pet:
When we moved in together in April 1989 she issued an ultimatum: I would have to propose before the end of the year.

Which of I course I did.

I found it exciting that she told this other couple, at least twice, that she had issued an "ultimatum" to me.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Susan's Pet said...

Oh, I really like that. She obviously knew what she wanted. Did she hint about or give alternatives? Say, if you had failed to follow through what woud happen? Or was it fait accompli even as she said it to you?

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger whatevershesays said...

If I didn't propose then she'd leave me. It was pretty straight forward actually :)

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...my wife actually TOLD me we were getting married. When I tried to ask her "well what if I..." She cut me off and said "No discussion! We ARE getting married no matter what you think about it!" As she put it, no reason to let me think I had a choice in the matter. As you might gather, I too live in a WLM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home