Saturday, December 09, 2006

Are there more of us?

This past week, my wife and I were out with another couple shopping for Christmas. At the end of our shopping, my wife was talking to them and I gathered up our bags. I can't remember the last time she carried a bag:)

She looks at me and smiles and says with a joking tone, "Oh, you've got the bags, good job bag boy." I replied something silly, like, "yup that's me. We are ready to go." The wife of the other couple looked at her husband and said, "Hey, you're a bag boy too. Go get them."

Now granted, it was all said in jest but he has told me about checking in with "the boss" about golfing with me, etc. I wonder and also hope that they maintain a wife-led marriage. I think it would help my wife.

I wonder how many marriages are wife-led but not acknowledged as such?

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate! My wife is the boss and wears the "pants" in our house. Although in public she is not too openly agressive, but it's clear she leads and I follow. BTW, I have enjoyed your posts, ...keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home