Friday, July 10, 2009

I Promise......

As some of you know, I present coffee to my wife in our little morning ritual. I get down on one knee and say, (and it varies each day) "With this coffee I promise to (insert: obey, love, change the sheets on the bed,...etc.).

Today was no different.

"With this coffee I promise to obey."

She just stared at me and didn't accept the coffee. Hmmm, thinking she wasn't in a playful or kinky mood I tried again.

"With this coffee, I promise to love and obey."

Hey, women like the love stuff.

She just stared. It's also what she does every time we have a drink together. I have to toast her. But I have to guess what she is thinking. If I'm wrong (often) she just stares at me and waits until I guess correctly.

"Um, I don't understand." I said.

She replied, "A promise is for the future. You should say just say obey."

"With this coffee, I obey."

"That's better."

Happily aroused I went and poured my own coffee.

Later she asked me how I was. Great, I replied. She is feeling disconnected from me. Her job is quite demanding and as the sole bread winner and with 3 teenagers, she can't just quit and move. And due to some unforseen activities of said teenagers, I've been gone a few nights this week. I did ask her if her feelings of disconnect were due any lack of wife led attention on my part. I have been dialing it down a bit lately, tired of pushing myself on her. Fortunately, this isn't the issue. Whew!! :)

I'm pretty sure that many readers like the first part of this post. And had I not written about her feelings of disconnection, it would have seemed like the perfect wife led moment.

But I don't think real wife led marriages are like that. They aren't perfect. They are messy. Real life gets in the way and I thought it important to show both sides.

Have a great weekend and don't forget to serve your wife/gf (both :) breakfast in bed or for the women, expect and demand it. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree that 24/7 doesn't mean that you are 100% in D/s mode all the time. Life has to be lived and life throws up problems, moods and frustrations that have to be solved mutually.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Walter H. Schulze III said...

my wife explicitly forbids me from being outwardly submissive all the time. She wants inward submissiveness and outward normalcy. She says it alleviates any guilt she may develop, but she knows I jump an any request. This is the balance she likes and as such, what I strive to maintain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home