Monday, January 05, 2009

The Weekend

As I mentioned in a previous post, my wife and I were getting a sitter and heading to a local hotel for an overnight.

I suppose some of you want the lurid details of our sexual exploits. Sorry.

Yes, the sex was great. But better still was the connection we had, enjoying each other's company, shopping, reading, sending each other funny text messages, working out (she required that I spend an hour on the treadmill, damn near killed me:). I was probably tired from carrying in all the shopping bags, two coats, a duffle bag and towing a suitcase into the hotel. That must have looked funny.

As we were walking to dinner my wife and gave each other a little kiss and she said that if our "date" ended now, it would be a great weekend. I couldn't have agreed more.

During a nice dinner, we sat next to a young couple (under 25). They didn't seem happy. He was pretty heavy and ordered like he wanted to add weight. They just didn't like each other and offered us the chance to realize yet again how fortunate we are.

I hope all is well with your relationship.

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger AdoresHisWife said...

Love the sculpture you gave her. I'm sure it'll generate interesting private conversation among your friends after they see it in your house.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger helpmate hubby said...

Yes it is a piece that should be in all FLRs as like a secret symbol of who we are as couples. I want one for my house too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home