Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Water Boy

As I posted yesterday, my wife and I had to be in different places to drive out kids around. However, we did overlap at our youngests practice where there is a gym. I wasn't feeling well and sat with the other parents while she continued on the treadmill.

About 30 minutes later my sweaty wife joined us. We watched the kids then she said, "I'm thirsty." I muttered a "yes dear" or "of course", "I'll get you something to drink." She replied, "No calories and no caffine." Away I went.

Now normally I'd be posting about how I hope others heard, etc. But frankly I don't care. They may have or not depending upon how intently they were watching the practice. The point is that this recent increase in demands both publicly (see Permission) and privately have been wonderful and makes me feel more emotionally connetected to her than ever.

(And then this morning I was sleeping when she turned on the lights and simply said, "Lets go." Her way of waking me to serve her coffee that by the way had already been brewed but not yet poured.

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Susan's Pet said...

I am not really envious, just a little jelous. I think that you just may be in a female led relationship, you lucky guy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home