Thursday, July 31, 2008

Outed

I don't know who really knows about our relationship. Frankly, I don't care. Well, actually I do care. I care because if she is more public about it, that means she is accepting and more comfortable of her position.

Our contractor was over the other night. He spends alot time here and I'm pretty sure he knows who makes the decisions. Anyway, the three of us were talking about different things that still need to be done. I mentioned to my wife that the lighting store called and our wall sconce was ready to be picked up.

My wife looked at me.
The contractored said laughing, "What's THAT look for?"
My wife raised her eyebrows and smiled and said, "He's knows. It's the why didn't you get the light yet look."
She kept looking at me, directly into my eyes and said, "Make sure you get it tommorrow."

I emailed her this moring saying that if he didn't know before, he knows now.
She returned my email and it said, "He definately knows."

So, who knows about you? Do you care?

6 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Susan's Pet said...

I would love it if my wife's friends knew my position. They know that I love her and that I do things for her and them, but as far as I can tell, they think that I am simply a nice and considerate man. I am that and more, including horny much of the time. Alas, my wife is not agreeable to letting her friends know the truth about our position in life.

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife lets all her co-workers know that I'm a house husband and that she is the bread winner. How much they interpret from that I don't know.
I do know that last night at a restaurant the waitress stopped talking to me and only spoke to my wife after a while. She also handed my wife the bill. My wife then took cash from me to pay it.

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane is a little uncomfortable about portraying herself as the hard dominant wife in public, but she will often joke with her friends that I have been well "trained" or will say something like "he knows his place". It's funny because we know a couple where the wife is always bossing her husband about and is clearly "in charge", it wouldn't surprise me if he was actually in a WLM, and even jokes to my wife about what he has to do around the house washing and ironing. Jane always seems to joke about there relatiionship too, I can't work out whether she is looking for me to agree that he is under her thumb, or is seeking my validation that that's what I would like to be.

Anyway it's great that your wife has the confidence to out you in front of another man, I would prefer it if it had been another woman, men I am not so sure about.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I no longer care. I don't walk around in public wearing a leather hood, but people are aware. I do wear a chain with a lock on it. Most people correctly guess its meaning. Why should we be ashamed of what we are?

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Catwomanslair said...

I am not out to my family but by now I don't think they would be very surprised. I came out to two of my girlfriends and they laughed and told me either they already knew or weren't surprised. Most people are amused. My pet and I went to a men's store so I could give final approval for his tux. When the sales guy saw me dragging him into the store by his chain collar/necklace, he grinned and saw that I was happy with the purchase.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Susan's Pet said...

Ms Catwoman, this is precious: "... the sales guy saw me dragging him into the store by his chain collar/necklace, he grinned and saw that I was happy with the purchase ..." I would love to have seen that. Sometimes you think a person is straight yet he or she comes through as one who understands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home