Monday, July 14, 2008

Vacation, Then Talk

Something very interesting happened over the past two weeks.

I went away with my kids to a relative's house for a week. Great fun. My wife joined me a week later and then the two of us and the kids went to NYC and the beach for a week. All told, we were not in a wife-led marriage for those two weeks. Furthermore, I was pretty much in control due knowing where to drive, knowing more people, etc. etc.

At one point she said to me, "Wow, with you doing all the vacation planning and driving, I really miss being in control."

And for both of us, the "wife-led" aspect of our marriage has provided us with a framework in which to interact. Maybe expectations is a better word. Whatever it is, we didn't have it on vacation and we were out of sync.

Once back at home, she very, very quickly fell back into being more dominant. I plan on speaking with her to determine just how much she missed our wife-ledness (new word) and hopefully having her realize just how much apart of us it (the wife-led aspect of our marriage) has become.

2 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds as though that your "vacation" may have just been what the you or your wife needed. I wonder how many other wives who profess not to want or particularly enjoy a WLM would miss it if we all stopped being so attentive and loving.

It will be interesting to hear what happens.

Good Luck

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Sweetie, once you learn to 'enjoy' having a man serve you, there is no substitute. Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home