Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day Part 2

In my last post I joked that Father's Day shouldn't be a day off from serving our wives. Funny, my wife didn't either.

We were out at a mall on Friday and she turned to me (in front of the store clerk) and asked what I was going to get her for father's Day because, after all, I couldn't be a Dad without her. So now, even Father's Day is about her. :)

The best thing is that she has had me repeat the story to a number of other women. Lots of laughter and agreement. If they only knew.

See, just another advantage for women to pursue a wife-led marriage.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger s said...

That's great!

My wife insisted that I take the day off from chores and just relax. At first it felt strange sitting about the house, watching golf on tv, and reading a magazine while my wife prepared dinner. But I have to admit, I enjoyed it. She had made clear to me that it makes her feel good to do work at home...and sometimes my insistence on doing most of the housework just frustrates her. I'm learning to let her do what she wants, and to strive to be willing to serve. She's getting better at letting me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home