Friday, December 29, 2006

When Others Notice

We had some friends over on Christmas. Great fun was had by all. I did most of the kitchen work and because our kitchen and living room are one it was very noticeable. No big deal really, someone has to do it.

After dinner, the adults were chatting at the table, I was listening and doing what I could to prepare the dishes for the next dishwasher load and one of the wives said, "(me) really worships the ground you walk on." and "I wish John (her husband) would do that for me."

My wife said how lucky she was and the conversation moved on. But then my wife looked up at me with a coy smile.

I really don't care who knows what anymore. If a wife said that her husband was the boss because it said so in the Bible, no one would dare question her or her motives. I do it because she likes it, I like it and it brings us closer together. To be sure we are still working out the nuances of a wife-led marriage but there is no doubt that it has helped our marriage.

Now for the fun fantasy part. My wife is going away with a girlfriend (that lives 1/2 way accross the country) in two weeks to a spa. I'm sure there will be alot of wine flowing. I wonder (hope?) that our marriage style is revealed.

5 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger helpmate hubby said...

I have gotten to the point like you where i actually am happy and a bit turned on by the fact that other people see my Wife as wearing the pants in our relationship. I think FLR marriages are awesome and hope my Wife and i's bliss that others see will inspire them to consider that pathg as well.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger helpmate hubby said...

I have gotten to the point like you where i actually am happy and a bit turned on by the fact that other people see my Wife as wearing the pants in our relationship. I think FLR marriages are awesome and hope my Wife and i's bliss that others see will inspire them to consider that pathg as well.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger VeezKnight said...

I feel the same.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think incidents like that are what is called in education a "teachable moment". That was an opportunity for you wife to introduce the techniques to another lady. When I was pulling Ms. Catwoman in the rickshaw I made for her, some ladies lamented that their man doesn't do stuff like that. My response to them was that a man can't say yes to a question he hasn't been asked.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hit PUBLISH too soon. I am happy that your wife and her friend will have the chance to get together. I am sure she will reveal much to her. I hope all goes well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home