Monday, December 10, 2007

Deficit

Deficit......

Weird? I thanked my wife for placing her foot on the kitchen counter with the expectation that I remove her boot. You see, I had been away all weekend with a child at this child's event (sorry to be so secretive but where we were were isn't important). And that child happened to become sick with a stomach flu. Yuck. The ease in which she started back up with or shall I say, never left, the wife-led mode was encouraging. She bossed me around alot last night and again this morning. I even called Lands End with questions about a coat I am buying for her while she sat next to me. I wonder what the sales lady thought as I went back and forth with quesitons from my wife only to finalize the order with, "My wife says I can buy that for her." The morning ended with me at the front door as she went off to work. She looked back at me, walked right through some snowy, mud mess and then said, "Looks like you'll have some boots to clean tonight."

About 10 minutes later she called and told me to change a dental appointment. I took this opportunity to thank her for her "wife-ledness". She said I was welcome but even after last night and this morning I was still in deficit. You see, from her perspective, even though I was stuck in a motel with a vomitting child, she had to do the laundry, clean the kitchen and make her own coffee. She is saying this partially in jest, with humor to be sure. However, the fact that she is thinking about the wife-led aspect of our marriage is very encouraging.

4 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger Susan's Pet said...

There is a lot of interpretation on your part, but in all, I would say that the evidence is positively in your favor.

Your depiction of your stay in the hotel was great. I am putting myself into the position of the single male who observed your wife's hidden but displayed charms at the pool. I can certainly visualize a provocative look of a female whom I don't know but is sharing some hints of beauty through wet clothes. I think that she knows exactly what she is doing, you lucky man.

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear that your wife seems to be getting more into her role as head of your household. Keep up the good work,the more she gets used to this position the more she will hopefully expect from you.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger helpmate hubby said...

I agree, i think things are coming along great for you!

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home