Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Gay, Straight or Wife-Led?

My wife came home with big news yesterday. A friend of hers at work, divorced last year, has declared her true sexual identity. She's gay. Apparently, she had a relationship with a girl in high school, renounced her homosexuality due to severe church pressure, married a guy and had two kids. I applaud her strength but worry about her. Alot of her life and family is tied to her church.

Anyway, I got to thinking about her coming out of the closet. Besides some members of her church caring, no one else will. No one will snicker about her sex life and that she too likes to eat pussy.

But what would happen if my wife and I came out of the proverbial closet? Can you imagine? Neighbors wispering, "Did you know that she's the boss. They both admit it. And she controls the sex, even if and when he's allowed to you know.....be....um....errrr.....satisfied." "He must be a wimp." "She must be a domineering bitch." etc., etc.

While I truly don't care anymore about who knows what and who thinks what, I find it interesting how society has changed. I do believe that with more women making more money than men, more men staying home, that more marriages will become wife led.

3 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger s said...

Yes. Furthermore, many if not most marriages are implicitly wife led, though not overtly so. Most of my male friends couldn't tell you what they'll be doing next weekend... but their wives sure could.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Mistress and nakeysub said...

If it wasn't for my husband's job, others knowing wouldn't be an issue for us. But I don't want to undermine him at work, and something like that coming out would. Fortunately, he'll be retiring in a couple of years.

nakeysub's Mistress.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger subguyinAtl said...

Your observations are dead on. I think there are two things at play here:
1) Homosexuality is more accepted now as a result of the 50-year long campaign for gay rights.
2) Straights may look down on Gays, but someones "coming out" doesn't feel very personal, because they are straight. But the female-led thing hits too close to home for many, because they know how close they are already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home