Friday, March 13, 2009

Varities of a Vanilla Marriage

Did you ever notice that, after you've been in a wife led marriage for awhile, (and she is aware of it and has participated to some degree) that vanilla isn't vanilla anymore?

Even when we aren't doing much wife-led like things, I still get up each morning, put on boxers that say wife worshipper (from Cafe Press) and bring her coffee on the couch. I bet Tom doesn't do that for Jane next door.

As my wife said last week within the space of literally 3 minutes: "I want our marriage to be a partnership" and then very shortly after "Our marriage has always been wife led, always will be. It's who we are."

I guess vanilla ain't vanilla any more.

PS A note to AAT who's wife is struggling. I think you and Jane will experience this interesting phenonom.

4 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger hersforever said...

I definitely agree with this sentiment! Whats more, you start to notice things in other couples that makes you wonder if they aren't wife led either... my wife enjoys watching Wife Swap, and there are so many couples where the wife doesn't do any of the housework or where the husband prepares everyone breakfast every day that just makes you wonder what goes on while the cameras are off!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

Hmmm... you've made me put my thinking cap on! I can see how this would change every element of your relationship!

Oh, and I agree about wondering about some of those couples on Wife Swap!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger whatevershesays said...

I don't watch wife swap but I definately believe that there are alot of marriages that are wife led. As I say in my profile, the only difference is that we both have acknowledged ours.

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also agree about wife swap, but it's also true that the other couple are mormally thne opposite, so where the woman does everything. I always feel sorry for the woman in that case, and cant understand how she lets her husband get away with being so lazy.

I suppose some women actually like being the "home maker" and doing everything for their "man", most certainly seem to have strong views on this and defend their position strongly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home