Monday, March 02, 2009

Confusion

We started discussing our wife led marriage yesterday while driving back from the mall. Which by the way, was alot of fun. Carrying bags, holding doors, etc. At one point, she yelled out from a changing room, "check the care tag and tell me how you are going to take care of the blouse." I told her through the door that I would be hand washing it. The sales girl definately heard that conversation.

Any way, during our conversation she went from, "I don't view wife led as whips, chains and leather" (neither do I btw) to "I don't get a rush out of watching you do the dishes while I just sit there. I view our marriage as a partnership" to "a wife led marriage is who we are" to "If you want to quit the wife led marriage then I feel like you are quitting on us. A wife led marriage is us. It's how we've always been and always will be."

So in general I was happy that on how she views our marriage. But like many other wives, she struggles with the "implementation" and the balance between wanting to be a good, helping, serving wife and mother compared to demanding a few selfish things for herself.

Life is a journey.

2 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WSS - that's a difficult one, when your wife sees your reationship more as a partnership, Jane said exeactly the same thing to me sometime ago.

OK I accpet that it has to be a "partnership" for this lifestyle to work for both of you. Your wife, like Jane, doesn't want a slave, someone that only responds to her commands and only speaks when spoken to, but on the other hand, you need to feel that she is in chrage and actively enjoying and encouraging your submission to her.

I suspect that there is just some confusion over terminology here and that we are both in wife led marriages, it's just a question of degrees.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger whatevershesays said...

AAT: I agree. Definately a terminology issue. She sees whips and chains and I see serving her breakfast in bed. (OK, fine, I'm naked with a stiffy:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home