Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Devil Wears Coach

For some unknown reason, the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" has been on TV alot. It's a pretty funny movie and worth watching, at least as chick flicks go. Alot of the movie has the secretary running around serving the every need of her boss. The whole office goes into a daily frenzy when they get a call that she is in the elevator on the way up.

My wife calls me from her office before she leaves or when she is in her car to see if a kids needs a pick up on her way home or if we need milk. Mostly it's to inform me that she'll be home some. Sometimes she just says, "warning."

Normally, I've already started straightening up the house, making sure the bed is made and at least thinking about dinner. But if I've been lazy or one of the kids needed extra homework help, I have to move quickly because it's only a 15 minute commute. I don't want her coming home to a overy messy house and a family in disaray. She's worked hard and deserves better. And yes, of course, the is a wife led aspect to it and some sexual component.

Anyway, for those of you that have seen this movie, her call to me is like when the secretaries get the call that she is on the way up. Maybe it's only funny in my head. LOL

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI,

My wife use to call when leaving the office as well and the kids would see me go into the last minute frenzy of getting things prime and proper. I also like to have diner on the stove.....many times she has commented on how nice it was to come home to such a lovely house and the smell of food cooking....

If you can do it it is a great thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home