Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas at the Gym

As a present to my wife and to us, we agreed to hit the gym and hire a personal trainer for the two of us. We are going twice per week. We thought it would be a good way to jump start getting back in shape. And its been great.

After our workout, we were making small talk. Well actually, the trainer, Susan and my wife were. I grabbed by wife's sneakers (we were in socks on the mat), sweat towel and water bottle for her. Susan was asking my wife what she does for a living, that type of thing. Some how the following conversation occurred:


Susan (the trainer): "So Amy (my wife) , are you the type that has a bumper sticker that reads, ""Move over princess, here comes the Queen?""
Laughter
My wife: "I ought to. I have a mug that says,um...,"
Me: "It's good to be the Queen."
Laughter
Husband: "Mine just says, "Yes Dear."
My Wife: "And WE know who bought them...." (with the inflection in her voice that it was obvious she did.)
Susan (the trainer): "Yes we do."
Laughter

Ok, I"ll admit, I'm over sexed and think way too much about our wife led marriage but.....Damn that's kinda hot and just typing about it stirs my loins.

I sent this to my wife and she replied, "I thought it was interesting that she so quickly came to the realization that I am the Queen!"

Wow.

4 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It always amuses me that despite the amount of effort that we put into persuading our wives that they should take control, and how so many seem to resist the idea, they often seem very relaxed and almost happy to show off the fact to others, in particular other women, how much in charge they really are.

At least it shows what type of mindset your wife is in, and was great experience for you.

Merry Christmas

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Susan's Pet said...

Well, it is very good that your trainer did not assume that you were the Queen!

Just kidding. I know what you mean. Some of these little hints from a third party mean a lot of satisfaction. Your wife seems to take it in good spirit. Good stuff!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger helpmate hubby said...

It is kind of fun to be subtly "outed" like that isn''t it?

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger junior said...

i feel the same way. my Wife tells me that all of Her friends are constantly telling Her how lucky She is to have such a good husband. Many Women seem to like the idea of a Wife led marriage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home