Thursday, August 31, 2006

Zero to Sixty

For the past few days, nothing. Nothing on the to do list, no requests for massage, hairbrushing, foot "care", running of a bath, errands, etc. Nothing. The vanilla life gets in the way! Her work stress, kids back in school requiring homework completion, back to school nights and the ever present sports practices really inhibited her desire to play.

And then....whoosh.....like those 1200cc motorcycles. 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. During a rather normal morning, I find her in front of the to-do list. A few minor things and a request for breakfast served at 7 (a toasted bagel:) Served at 7 she tells me that is all she needs for now. 20 minutes later, the intercom on the phone rings. An annoying high pitched beeping. I don't ever bother to answer it.......I just stop what I'm doing and go to her. A come hither call:)

On the floor is the plate and napkin from her bagel. One look and I pick it up, nuzzle her neck and tell her that I'd strip out of my pajamas if the kids weren't up so I could serve her properly; naked.

Why the long story? It seems that many a man has been posting about the on/off issues surrounding the dynamics of a FLR (female led relationship.) Patience, patience and more patience is a must for most men. And allowing her to find what she is good at and makes her feel comfortable is paramount. Remember, her sucess in adapting to this lifestyle will be your sucess too. The payoff is a much better relationship and an improved marriage! Good luck to all.

4 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Mistress Laura's boy said...

Hi there. It does seem to be a common problem for us goal-oriented men to just relax, enjoy the journey and let her lead.

I enjoy reading about your thoughts and feelings about this whole thing.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger whatevershesays said...

Thanks. It sure is an interesting journey. I wonder where it will lead? (Hmmm, that's an intersting idea for another post!)

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger helpmate hubby said...

great advice, you have to let Women go at their speed and that's how you truly get things moving in a FLR direction.

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Lady Julia said...

Wonderful post and excellent advice :)

I'd like to use this post on my website (with full credit of course). Would you mind contacting me via the email on my profile if you're interested?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home