Monday, August 14, 2006

Public or Private?

How public is your relationship? For us, there are subtle clues if one was to look closely. That was until Saturday. We had taken a break from yard work to make lunch for the kids when an acquaintance stopped by unannounced. My wife was at the sink and our guest and I were sitting at the table when she casually asked what we were doing for the rest of the day. My wife replied that we had a sitter coming over and we might catch a movie. When asked which movie, my wife said quite frankly, “Whatever I choose.” There was a pause (may have been my heart stoppingJ) and our friend laughed and the conversation went elsewhere.

Later my wife asked what I thought of her comment and how flip she could be with someone we don’t normally see. This led to a conversation about what she would say to close friends that will eventually notice a “To do” list posted in our bedroom. While there is nothing sexual on it, it’s clear whose handwriting it is. Ironing, daily back rubs and a note to keep an eye on the list for changes makes it pretty obvious that the list is by her for me. We will see what happens.

So how many people, if any, know about your lifestyle?

5 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger helpmate hubby said...

My Wife has gotten pretty open about her dominance over me with our inner circle of friends, politely giving me orders in front over her girlfriends, and dometimes making playful comments such as "he knows who weras the pants" and similar statments just like that. Our friends know who the "boss" is i think, just not the degree to which she controls.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Queen'sKnight1 said...

my Wife's Sister knows.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Mistress Laura's boy said...

Good question. I think if anyone were observant, they would know in an instant who the boss is in my relationship.

I do call my wife/Mistress "Ma'am", "my Lady" or "my Queen" in front of others and she has gotten quite comfortable with simply ordering me to do things (like fetch drinks or clean up) and I always obey without hesitation.

Also, there are more subtle clues, when we eat in restaurants, I always wait till she starts eating, and every once in a while, she will simply reach over and grab a bite off my plate. It goes without saying that it all belongs to Her.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger subbiehubbie said...

My wife doesn't openly tell people, She is just Dominant all the time. She gives me orders whenever She feels like it, and also will say, "You will be punished for that," in front of anyone. She doesn't care if they take it as a joke or seriously. She also has marched me downstairs while we were having a party and paddled me quite hard; I'm pretty sure the guests upstairs could hear it, or see my red face upon our return. But no one said anything.

I have a new blog that contains lots of experiences and some photos and drawings. Maybe you can add a link to:
http://subbiehubbie.blogspot.com

lee

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone

We do not agree with this year BRIT awards 2010 decision.

Please go to see our little poll

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than Nina Hagen

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.li/brustvergroesserung/erfahrungen.html]brustvergrößerung erfahrungen[/url]

PRINCE HARRY WISHES HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BRIT AWARDS
With a special birthday message from Prince Harry for the 30th Anniversary of the BRIT Awards

 

Post a Comment

<< Home